The Accounting Intern will provide support through processing and reconciling a wide variety of accounting documents. Work will be preformed by applying knowledge of accounting terminology and using spreadsheets and/or automated accounting systems. This internship typically will last up to 4 months and the time frame/schedule for the position will be determined upon accepting the offer. This is a paid internship.
• May assist with processing all phases of Accounts Payable.
• Assist with ensuring proper GL coding.
• Assist with the processing and reconciling of accounting documents including, but not limited to, invoices, vendor statements and journal entries.
• Review and code financial information for accuracy.
• Assist with tracking expenses and process expense reports.
• Assist with transactions to journals, ledgers, and other records.
• Assist with reconciling accounts payable transactions.
• Help monitor accounts to ensurepayments are up-to-date.
• Help research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
• Prepare memos, correspondence, reports and other documents as needed.
• Assist with month end closing.
• All other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent customer service and communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments with little supervision.
• Ability to work collectively with administrative team members.
• Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• Current enrollment and completion of at least one semester at a college or university working towards a degree in Business, Accounting or closely related field.
To apply for the accounting internship position, please email your resume and CV indicating why you would be a great fit to email@example.com.